Texas Technology & Infrastructure Fund LLC
The ORIX Texas Technology & Infrastructure Fund (TTIF) will focus on capital-efficient technology companies in Texas that need critical early capital, $1 million to $5 million in order to generate substantial revenue. Infrastructure investments are focused on $5-$50 million. The Directors of the ORIX TTIF are seeking to build a diversified portfolio of companies each
The ORIX Texas Technology & Infrastructure Fund (TTIF) will focus on capital-efficient technology companies in Texas that need critical early capital, $1 million to $5 million in order to generate substantial revenue. Infrastructure investments are focused on $5-$50 million. The Directors of the ORIX TTIF are seeking to build a diversified portfolio of companies each capable of achieving a meaningful exit.
$200 million allocation to technology companies and infrastructure projects in Texas and surrounding states
• Sectors: Capital efficient technology companies in Traditional IT (Networking, Hardware, Software, and Semiconductors), Mobile Enrichment, Web-Based Applications and Information, SaaS/Cloud Infrastructure, Storage, Medical Devices and Clean Energy
• Stage: Revenue or near revenue
• Target size: $3 million to $5 million per investment initially. Can seed rounds
• Role: Lead, co-lead, or syndicate
• Sectors: General Obligation (limited and unlimited), Annual Appropriation/Certificates of Participation, Tax Increment/Real Estate/Multi-family, Public and Private Universities and Schools, Health Care, Municipal Buildings, Discrete Revenue Streams, Toll Roads/Other Transportation Related, and Distressed/Restructurings
• Target Size: $5-50 million (up to $250 million possible)
• Structure: Public offerings (rated and non rated), Private placements, Leases, Direct Loans, and Secured (mortgage property, tax liens, etc.)
• Maturity: Up to 35 years
The technology strategy of TTIF will focus on Traditional IT-related sectors, Mobile enrichment, Web-based applications and information, storage and SaaS/cloud infrastructure, medical devices and clean energy. These sectors are expected to generate substantial growth in the near future, providing a powerful inflection point for technology built over many decades. The key investing themes of the Fund are:
- Capital Efficiency: Technology companies are now much more efficient as capital expenditures have become operational expenses. Low cost, online resources allow businesses to spend far less on product development, distribution, and monetization than just a few years ago.
- Risk Compensation: The value created in the early stage round is being rewarded again as companies launch products, gain traction, and prove early stage metrics.
- Utilization of ORIX: ORIX’s breadth and depth in financial services can take a company from early stage equity rounds, to corporate growth financing and investment banking.