Real Estate Investment Management
Combining proprietary real estate market data and analysis tools with deep experience across all real estate product and investment types, our Real Estate Investment Management team maintain one focus – maximizing residual real estate investment values and CMBS/REO resolutions. To that end — using disciplined value-enhancing asset strategies — we have directed the leasing, operations and disposition of more than $4.5 billion in combined real estate and CMBS/REO assets.
Loan Portfolio and Asset Management
Our veteran, highly experienced Loan Portfolio and Asset Management team has broad experience managing construction and bridge loans, as well as municipal bond transactions. We work closely with our in-house origination group to ensure a seamless post-closing transaction and provide ongoing construction loan administration services throughout the life of the loan.
Our on-going construction management is hands-on with experienced ORE personnel working directly with the customer, general contractor, and third party engineer to expedite construction draws so subcontractors are paid timely and are happy, to identify issues early in order to creatively arrive at mitigating solutions, and to proactively monitor construction progress via regular site visits.
Additionally, a member of the ORE group is a highly rated special servicer that manages real estate loan and REO properties for CMBS trusts, as well as its own balance sheet.
Special Servicing – Loan and REO Asset Management
For more than 25 years, ORIX Real Estate Americas and our predecessor companies have been executing optimal workout strategies that have earned the firm a reputation as one of the leading institutional special servicers in the commercial loan servicing and origination business. Since its inception, our special servicing group has resolved over $10 billion in commercial real estate loan defaults through modifications, restructures or the ultimate sale/disposition of loans and REO properties. And, our approach has generated industry-leading loss reductions and resolution timeframes.
We attribute this success in large part to:
- Our exceptional team of Senior Asset Managers with an average of more than 20 years of special servicing-specific experience and controlled transaction volumes
- A disciplined, customized approach to each workout situation
- A dedicated internal support staff, including in-house counsel, credit and underwriting
- Continued investment in and use of advanced proprietary technology to streamline data flow and facilitate critical analysis and decision making
- A negotiated, collaborative resolution approach, when possible
- A focus on strategies designed to efficiently and quickly maximize value to all stakeholders, while minimizing cost and controversy