Purpose-driven for over 50 years
A national leader in equity capital for tax-advantaged investments in affordable housing, enabling investors to accomplish their economic and social impact investing goals with a solid risk-adjusted return. Creating a future where everyone has a home, one investment at a time.
Boston Financial is the largest Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) syndicator in the country, with almost half a million people calling our communities home. We have focused exclusively on affordable housing since 1969, investing in communities that give residents a place to live and a path to a better life.
Since the inception of the LIHTC program in 1986, we have:
- Partnered with 1,200+ affordable housing developers
- Built and preserved 366,000+ affordable homes for 926,000+ people
- Syndicated more than $16 billion in equity to build and preserve affordable housing
- Sponsored over 200 tax credit funds
- Provided equity capital for affordable communities in all 50 states
For investors and affordable housing developers who need reliability, consistency, and expertise, Boston Financial offers a long-standing track record of exceptional service, optimal solutions, and positive outcomes for our partners and the communities we serve.
- Low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) equity investments
- Working capital for affordable housing developers
- Equity and debt impact investments in affordable housing preservation
- Asset and portfolio management services
- Strategic investment opportunities
Our mission and values
Stable, decent housing plays a critical role in shaping lives. As a trusted partner, we foster investments that create a positive impact in U.S. communities as we stay true to our core values: integrity, collaboration, exceptional client service, and social responsibility.
We provide creative capital solutions for developers and give investors an opportunity to create social impact while achieving risk-adjusted returns. We believe everyone deserves a safe, quality, affordable place to live and, by working together, we believe we can make that a reality.
Select highlightsView all highlights
Off Plan Property Exchange: Affordable Housing Community in Lowell to Undergo Comprehensive Renovations